"We", "Us", "Website", "Our", "DiMand Crafts" refers to us as the business supplying products to you.
The Website is brought to you by DiMand Crafts. DiMand Crafts believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a away that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collection Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
1. Collecting Information.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
2. Using Your Personal Information.
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- To help us identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and defect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We, and the other companies in our group, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and the members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud protection. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
- If you provide false of inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and the other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write an email to our email address on our contact page.
3. Protecting Data.
We have strict measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Your order will be processed with PayPal. PayPal does not share bank, credit or debit card information with us, nor do we store it on our servers nor in any of our databases.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unathorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
4. The Internet.
- If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address on our contact page) at any time if you change your mind.
- Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any authorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
- We may use 'cookies' to monitor how people use our website. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the site. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive through your browser, to recognise your browser and which records how you have used a website. This means that when you back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies if you wish.
- The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites, except in the case of PayPal where we share transaction based information.
- We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
6. Further Information.
- If you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at the address on our contact page. There may be a nominal charge of Â£10 to cover the administration costs.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up-to-date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.
Last Updated: 29-10-2012